Andrada Mining: Update on Brandberg West
Update on Brandberg West
Commencement of the Brandberg West exploration programme
Andrada Mining Limited (AIM: ATM, OTCQB: ATMTF), an African technology metals mining company with a portfolio of mining and exploration assets in Namibia, is pleased to confirm the commencement of an initial exploration programme for the Brandberg West exploration licence.
- Brandberg West mine was historically a prolific producer of tin and tungsten with strong indications of copper mineralisation.
- Commencement of an exploration programme at EPL5445 which includes:
- Evaluation of the polymetallic mineralisation of the historical opencast operation.
- Investigation of the mineralised extensions beyond the previously mined site.
- Mobilisation of a planned 3,000 metre drill programme to commence during the second half of this calendar year.
Anthony Viljoen, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“The exploration programme will enable us to determine the extent of the mineralisation in and around the Brandberg West mine. The project provides an exciting opportunity for us to duplicate the development process we have successfully implemented at Uis, by taking it from an abandoned historical operation, into a fully-fledged producing mine.
“The historical figures show that EPL5445 has the potential to double the current volume of tin concentrate produced at Uis and add Tungsten to the expanding list of metals produced by Andrada. The Erongo region continues to prove itself to be an untapped technology metals province, and we are excited to be commencing work on what we believe will be another world class technology metals asset.
“Brandberg West will solidify Andrada’s tech-metals portfolio by potentially adding critical metals revenue streams of tungsten, and copper as a by-product. We look forward to continuing with our exploration programme and aimed at re-establishing the historical Brandberg West Mine.”