Harbourvest Global Private Equity: Half-year Report
RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 JULY 2021
Record net asset value (“NAV”) per share growth in an interim period
HarbourVest Global Private Equity Limited (“HVPE” or the “Company”), today announces its unaudited results for the six-months ended 31 July 2021.
- NAV per share growth of 22.6% over the period to $44.11 (31 January 2021: $35.97)
- Record performance driven by valuation increases and strong exit activity across the portfolio
- Total of 319 known M&A transactions and IPOs in the period, more than two and a half times the 119 seen in the six months to 31 July 2020
- Record cash distributions in nominal terms
- $294.6 million received over the period (six months to 31 July 2020: $78.7 million).
- IPO exits contributing the most to NAV per share were Roblox, Coinbase Allfunds Bank and UiPath
- Increase in planned new commitments to HarbourVest funds for the remainder of 2021 following recent strong performance
- Balance sheet further strengthened post period end
- Cash distributions continue at record levels; $204.5 million received between 31 July and 30 September 2021
- Final outstanding drawings on credit facility repaid to leave full $600.0 million available
Ed Warner, Chair of HVPE, said:
“The six months to 31 July 2021 was an extraordinary period for HVPE. Despite the backdrop, HVPE delivered its strongest NAV per share growth in any interim period. This is testament to the strength of our Investment Manager, HarbourVest, and the HVPE business model, which offers shareholders broad, diverse exposure to private companies around the world.
“Looking ahead, we remain positive about the prospects for HVPE, while noting the challenges that COVID has brought and continues to bring to the wider economy. With a strong track record of consistent NAV per share growth, we remain confident that HVPE’s portfolio, with exposure at all investment stages from venture capital to buyouts, is well-placed to capture emerging technological and thematic trends as well as growth opportunities in more traditional industries.”
Semi-Annual Report and Accounts
To view the Company’s Semi-Annual Report and Accounts please follow this link: Semi-Annual Report – Six Months to 31 July 2021. Page number references in this announcement refer to pages in this report.
The Semi-Annual Report and Accounts will also shortly be available on the National Storage Mechanism, which is situated at https://data.fca.org.uk/#/nsm/nationalstoragemechanism.
There will be a presentation for institutional and retail investors on 3 November 2021 at 11am GMT. To receive registration details for the event, please contact Liah Zusman: email@example.com.
Semi-Annual Results Presentation
HVPE will publish a new presentation on its website to supplement the publication of the Semi-Annual Results for the six months ended 31 July 2021. The presentation will be publicly disclosed at 11am today. All stakeholders will be able to view and download the presentation from HVPE’s website: www.hvpe.com.
Below is an animated film which highlights the key points from the half year results
Harbourvest Investors Video