Emmerson: Completion of Drilling Programme at Khemisset
Emmerson Plc, the Moroccan focused potash development company, is pleased to announce the completion of its drilling programme at its 100% owned Khemisset Potash Project in Northern Morocco (“Khemisset” or “the Project”). The infill programme, undertaken by Drillon, consisted of nine holes and successfully achieved its objectives of providing additional geological information in the area most likely to be the target of initial mining operations in addition to providing enough sample material to complete a comprehensive metallurgical test work programme and detailed geotechnical testing.
- Successful completion of infill drilling programme focused on confirming and expanding the mineral resources at the Khemisset Potash Project
- Achievement of programme objectives including:
- Additional geological information obtained from area most likely to be the target of initial mining operations;
- Sufficient sample material collected to complete a comprehensive metallurgical test work programme (as per announcement dated 22 July 2019); and
- Detailed geotechnical testing of all lithologies relevant to mining operations complete or underway
- All nine holes completed with excellent core recovery
- Drill programme completed under budget and on schedule
- Geochemical assays and an updated JORC Resource expected in coming weeks
The entire drilling programme was completed within the timelines set by the Company and under the allocated budget. Final geochemical assays are expected in coming weeks, which will allow an updated geological model and JORC Mineral Resource Estimate to be completed prior to the end of October 2019.
Hayden Locke, CEO of Emmerson, commented:
“The completion of our drilling programme on time and under budget, and with excellent core recovery, is a major milestone for Emmerson and a credit to our fantastic geological team.
“The detailed information from the drill programme will enable the continued rapid advancement of the Khemisset Project with ever increasing confidence in our technical and economic outcomes, culminating in the release of our Feasibility Study in the first half of 2020.
“We look forward to releasing an updated Mineral Resource Estimate, with a significant proportion within the Measured and Indicated resource categories. This Mineral Resource Estimate will form an integral part of our ongoing Feasibility Study. We continue to believe the results of this study will confirm our belief that Khemisset has the potential to be a low capital cost, high margin potash development, which generates strong cash flows regardless of fluctuations in potash price.”
To view the press release with the photographs please use the following link:
Emmerson PLC investor relations video
Five Minute Pitch TV recently filmed Hayden Locke, CEO of Emmerson. He provides an investors overview of business in the video below – the interview focuses on Emmerson’s operations, the geopolitical situation in Morocco, the global potash market and the companies forward strategy.
Emmerson PLC Investor Relations